Nubra Valley, Leh Ladakh Tour
Leh Ladakh Tours are always special. It comes under the super must visiting places of India. I’m saying this because of the beauty of nature you will find here and my will to give a visit to this place..!! If you ask me or anyone who has visited Leh Ladakh will tell you that its a place to visit at least once in a lifetime. And Nubra valley is a cherry on the cake of Leh Ladakh. You must plan a Ladakh Tour.
North East part of Leh Ladakh, is where Nubra Valley is located. In most of the cases, valleys are formed by rivers connecting to closed mountains. In the case of Nubra valley, a river called shook meet the Nubra to form a large valley which separates the Ladakh and Karakoram ranges.
After decades of obscurity peppered with geo-political spasms, it remains a sensitive border area, low-key tourism has gradually injected more visitors and money into Nubra.
Important about Leh Ladakh Tour
From 1 may 2014 Indian citizens are no longer required to get an inner line permit to visit the valley. Here is the detail information about that.
Far more relevant to today’s visitor is the journey to Nubra on what is claimed to be the world’s highest motorable road. Climbing steadily out of Leh and the Indus Valley, the road officially crosses the Khardung La pass at 5602m i.e. 18,379 ft.
Diskit town in the valley has become the congregation center means assembly for people of religion. A village called Bangabandhu is located near here. This village is really beautiful. You must visit this village to know how these people live there. And who interesting culture they have.
The famous Pashmina Shawls are manufacture here in the Baigdandu. I got some shawls designs for you. These designs are simple and beautiful. You will find a variety of designs in this shawls online but those are fake shawls.
This town has become Nubra’s commercial hub, but it is still a modest little place and more like an overgrown village. The main attraction here is Diskit Gompa
You can drive up to Diskit Gompa but its a joy to walk among the mani walls and whitewashed chortens.
About 10km west of Diskit stands Hunder village. Camels can often be seen grazing on the dune-like landscape. Between the foot of the mountains and the braided Shyok River. Its a pretty village ideal for ambling with a small roadside monastery known as Chamba. You can follow a lovely trail clockwise up into the hills.
Nubra Valley is among the most stunning parts of The Indian Himalayas.
Best Time To Visit Nubra Valley –
This valley looks more beautiful during Summer Season. I choose summer because no one wants to see only white ice everywhere. During the summer season of mid may, the ice starts melting a bit and temperature rise up a little. You can visit Nubra valley in-between mid may to August.
Some more tips –
- International Tourist should have a copy of Passport and Visa during the journey.
- A little fee will be charged to explore the area.(For both International and Domestic Tourists)
- Domestic travelers should have an identity proof with them.
- Take permission before you click any kind of photograph in the area.
- Do not use plastic bags. In Leh, Ladakh plastic bags are strictly banned.
- Make sure you do not harm to any kind of Natural Life.(Plants, Trees, wild and domestic animals,etc.)
Trekking Tips –
I’m not any kind of official trekking guide but there is something you should follow during Trekking
- Make sure you get enough rest before starting to the trek. It will be a long journey for you till Ladakh. So make sure you should get at least 1-day rest before starting the trek.
- If you have any kind of breathing problem make sure you have taken all precautions with you on the trek. Because they’re going to be a little less level of Oxygen here.
- here is my last post link which is about Tea garden hill of Munnar which is again the spot to visit once in a lifetime