Jaipur Tour – Rajasthan
Jaipur is also known as Pink city. Jaipur Tour is really fascinating. It is a colorful city. This city is the capital of Rajasthan states of India. New Delhi is nearly 260 km away from Jaipur. I am not fully including Jaipur blog in the Rajasthan blog is because there are a lot of things to do in Jaipur itself. If I add those all in one blog then it will take
a long time to read. And I don’t want to stress you. As I said there are many things to do in Jaipur, it is also the gateway to other tourist destinations of Rajasthan like Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, and Udaipur.
Its written in the history that this city Jaipur was founded by king “Jai Singh-II” in 1726. The king Jai Singh-II ruled here from 1688 to 1758. A whole Jaipur city was planned according to Indian Vastu Shastra. And this is done by Vidyadhar Bhattacharya in 1727.
Above photograph is of Hawa Mahal. In the Hawa Mahal, there are three gates facing east, west and north. Suraj Pol is a gate facing towards east. similarly the gate facing towards the west is called as Chand pol. We can call them Sun gate and moon gate too. And the northern gate faces the ancestral capital of Amer.
Climate of Jaipur –
Jaipur is a part of Rajasthan but not totally hot there like a desert hot of Rajasthan. The climate of Jaipur is somewhat between hot desert climate and hot semi-arid climate. Approximately 650 millimeters of rainfall is noted every year in the month June to September of monsoon. Temperature is always high during daytime, Which is around 30-degree Celsius. The temperature here gets as cool in the November ending as it is hot in the months of June to September. It is around 10-15 degree Celsius during November to February. Little humidity and cold waves lead to a temperature near freezing point.
Visitors attraction during Jaipur Tour-
As you can see there are a lot of things to cover during Jaipur Tour. So you should plan well before coming here. Do not miss any of the spots and the information of these spots. The more time you will give here, more interesting facts you will get to know.
- Jaipur is also a festival rich city. It has four major festivals namely Elephant Festival, Gangaur Festival, Kite festival and Teej.
- You will hardly face a communication problem here as main language here is Rajasthani. In addition to that, some people here can speak Marwari, Hindi, and English too.
Transport Information for Jaipur Tour –
- Road- Jaipur is well connected to Mumbai and Delhi through National Highway no. 8. National Highway no.12 links Kota and National Highway no. 11 links Bikaner with Agra passing Jaipur. RSRCT operates bus service to the major cities in Rajasthan.
- Rail- Jaipur is the headquarters of a northwestern zone of Indian Railways. Jaipur railway station is well connected to major cities of India like Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Ahmedabad.
- Air- Jaipur International Airport is in Sanganer, 10 km from the center.
* Here is a link to my previous blog which is about Nubra valley of Ladakh.